Please review our HANDBOOK for more details on fundraising, Volunteer Points System and any other details.
CRKW membership responsibilities involve more than your swimmer training and participating in scheduled activities. Parents are needed to volunteer in a variety of roles needed for the club to function and to participate in all fundraising activities.
The following outlines some of the responsibilities of club parents:
1. Keep informed by regularly reviewing all club publications, especially the registration information, this handbook, the bulletin boards, group and club newsletters;
2. Attend the Annual General Meeting as well as any special information meetings;
3. Volunteer to assist at all club meets and functions. Participation fosters the development of positive relationships within the club; and these make the club a better place to be for everyone, especially our kids. Start by attending club official training clinics held throughout the swim season. Get certified by Swim BC as a swim meet official. Be an ambassador of goodwill at other swim meets whenever possible.
4. Get out and meet the members of the club, especially the coaches and board members; and please contact these people when you have concerns.
5. Help your swimmer keep track of their times in a log book. This is particularly important for new members and young swimmers. As your swimmer grows and matures he/she/they will want to keep the log book on their own.
6. See that your swimmer gets enough rest and proper nutrition. Coaches are available to advise you in these areas. The newsletters often carry information about these topics.
7. Participate in club activities. Notify club officials if you have any special skills and if you are willing to donate or volunteer that skill to our club. Previous officiating experience, computer skills, knowledge of potential sponsors, and fundraising ideas are qualities we always need.
8. Abide by the club philosophies outlined in that section of this handbook. If you don't agree with something, let your board know.
9. Ensure that your swimmer has proper equipment and attire needed for their group and commitment. Maintain your membership in good standing this will ensure that your swimmer can continue to pursue their goals and dreams in the sport of competitive swimming.